This is a private fine dining experience at a locals’ home who have been dedicated themselves to unique culinary lifestyle. You enjoy an exclusive cooking show and dining authentic, traditional, forgotten as well as popular food and gourmet dishes by Chef Yagub and his team at a small fitted flat in the Downtown Baku.
In this activity, you enjoy a course of a menu of your choice including starter, first course, main course, side dish, dessert and local wine drinks included (water, tea and selection of red wines from Azerbaijan) and feel the warmth of Azerbaijani hospitality.
Chef Yagub and his team of young aspiring chefs hold this experience in a centrally located, small fitted Kitchen showroom apartment. They are passionate and welcoming hosts who open the door to curious travellers for immersive culinary experiences in bohemian ambiance.
- Locally produced organic products from garden to kitchen
- Participate in unique kitchen cooking and dining experience
- Watch preparation of specialty and gourmet dishes
- Dine chosen menu while cooking show progresses
- Immerse yourselves into bohemian ambiance
- Taste local wine and organic products
- Small Group experience and flexibility
- Support local food communities
WHAT TO EXPECT?
Meet your local guide/chef in front of Icharisheher metro station, a central location in Baku. Then, your guide/chef will take you to a small fitted kitchen showroom. Get introduced to Chef’s kitchen over cup of tea and conversation about the culinary projects and support to local producers and food communities. Then, the chef prepares the dishes but also show you how to prepare and cook the dishes with the story of historical and social background meanwhile taste and dine the food that is made and served on the set table in the process. At the end of your experience, leave the central location with new insight into Azerbaijani culinary history and hospitality and family life.
The dishes in the menus are based on seasonal products. Therefore, the menus change depending on a season. The ingredients are all sources from local producers (small local food communities) in regions of Azerbaijan with idea of from garden to kitchen. This way we show our support to business of local communities. The products that produced by the local communities are also available for purchase.
Dashkesan Menu (A day in a remote village)
1. Welcome dish:
Morning in a remote village
-Cheese, butter, tea and fresh bread
Afternoon in the village
– Grandma’s Dovgha soup (Served with fresh Fasali bread)
– Ke-te (Mountain snack with butter of Jahan)
– Pendir Lavash (Cheesebread with Ganja cheese of Fatma)
– Wine Red dry (Traditional and homemade Wine of small community in Shamakhi, Madrasa grape variety)
3. Main courses
Sun is down sheep has come
-Guyruq (Crunchy tallow with a rosehip sauce)
-Lamb tenderloin (juicy) with a Telman potato pure and 36hours sauce Demi glacé
-Dolma (Hand-minced and slow-cooked in lamb stock)
-Roasted forest apple with grey caucasian bee honey and buffalo cream
Story-making evening conversation of rural people before bed
|Group size||Group Price (AZN)|
- Confirmation within 12 hours of booking
- The show start at 18:30 PM
- This is not a cooking master class
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Low-seating table
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private activity. Only your group participates