Baku Old Town and Oil Heritage Walking Free Tour offers a walk through the most historic sightseeing highlights of Baku, the Fountains Square and four UNESCO sites in Old Town (Icherisheher) meanwhile reflecting on Baku’s past and the transformation brought by oil barons and their quest for personal glory and fame.
You will also get acquainted with the social, cultural, and political aspects of everyday life in Baku on the background of stories based on the real-life of oil barons in the late 19th and early 20th century as well as Soviet and modern times. You will have insight into a small medieval religious town’s transformation into a cosmopolitan city. The tour ends with a free cup of local black tea at Coffee Moffie.
- Explore the UNESCO site on 2.5-hour walking tour
- Hear legends about prominent Oil Barons
- Understand social and political dynamics of Baku
- Soak up the atmosphere in the oldest part of the city
- Led by a local guide
- Tour ends with a free cup of traditional Azerbaijani tea
The tour takes place EVERY DAY. However, booking is REQUIRED.
Out Front of KFC/Pizza Hut at Fountains Square
START TIMES: 11:00 AM & 16:00 PM
This tour is entirely based on tips. How much you tip is completely up to you. You decide at the end of the tour how much you think it is worth, or what the amount is that guide deserves as an appreciation of services provided at the end.
- At least two people are required to run the tour.
- The tour is offered in English and Azerbaijani.
- Operates in all weather conditions, except for harsh weather conditions.
- NOTICE: The tour is subject to availability.